When you work with another website design company or several others so that all of you benefit, you have a joint venture (JV) arrangement. Think of this relationship as a “you scratch my back and I’ll scratch your back” type of arrangement. You do something that benefits another person and the other person does something that benefits you.
If you want to build traffic to your website, joint ventures can be very powerful in helping you achieve this goal. In a JV, you are leveraging the assets of others in a way that is beneficial to your website, and in turn the others are leveraging your assets in a way that is beneficial to them. In addition to building traffic to your website design, joint ventures can help you establish professional relationships with fellow Toronto website or online business owners.
You can use joint ventures to generate more traffic to your web design or online business. Below are some suggestions:
1. Do you have a mailing list or do you publish an e-zine? You can find someone in Toronto who has a mailing list or publishes an e-zine and strike out an agreement to promote each other’s website, product or service in your mailing lists or e-zines. Both you and the other person can benefit from this arrangement since each of your message r offer will be seen by a whole new set of people.
2. Trade content with other Toronto website owners. This works the same way as promoting each other in e-zines or mailing list only this time, the two of you exchange articles instead of ads. When you use your JV partner’s articles on your website, you include a link back to his website, and he does the same thing for you.
3. Create a joint venture website or blog. If your strength is in content writing and not so much as in graphics, consider looking for someone who is good at creating graphics. Together, put up a site or blog where both of you can link to and promote your websites.
4. Create a community blog where several Toronto JV partners can post and promote themselves. You can create a team whose members each have their own areas of expertise. The community blog is where all of you can post about your expertise. This strategy is actually similar to the previous strategy only this time, you are joint venturing with several people instead of just one.
5. Make yourself available to be interviewed. Contact website owners in Toronto and see if they are interested in interviewing and featuring you in their websites. You’ll be new content that they can add to their website and you can gain wide exposure by becoming an expert.
The above are only a few ways you can use joint ventures to generate traffic to your website and establish yourself as an expert in your field. There are certainly many ways you can joint venture with others. The only limit is your imagination, so don’t be afraid to be creative in coming up with joint venture ideas.
To find people, it is best that you start small — approach a few whom you know and trust. Many have found that there is little financial risk in promoting to each other’s mailing lists or e-zines.
Once you’re used to working together on different web design projects, you can start pursuing bigger projects with the same people as well as new ones. One thing you need to make sure of is that both you and your partner clearly understand what you expect from each other and what each of you must do in order to make this web design venture a success.